- Monday :08:00-17:00
- Tuesday :08:00-17:00
- Wednesday :08:00-17:00
- Thursday :08:00-17:00
- Friday :08:00-17:00
- Saturday :Closed
- Sunday :Closed
BSIC is a financial institution created by the community of the Sahel Sahara, otherwise known as (CENSAD). The bank was formed pursuant to a convention signed in Tripoli by the Heads of States of the CENSAD community on April 14th, 1999.
CENSAD is made up of some 27 countries including; Libya, Sudan, Benin, Burkina Faso, Central African Republic, Cote d’Ivoire, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Mali, Niger, Senegal, Chad and Togo where BSIC currently has affiliates. BSIC has the main aim of bridging language barriers among member states and promoting regional trade and investment.
As a subsidiary of the Group, BSIC (Ghana) Ltd (Sahel-Sahara Bank) started its operations as a licensed universal bank on March 25th 2008.
The core vision of the bank is to become the Bank of first choice in the provision of excellent Banking Services, Trade finance and investment advice. The Bank currently has 16 branches in 6 of the 10 Regions of the country. The number of branches is expected to increase in the coming years. Towards the end of 2014, Sahel- Sahara Bank realigned its operations with market and business segment of the Ghanaian economy, as well as with BSIC group structure to help deliver on acceptable shareholder value. In line with this, management of the bank has adopted a new vision dubbed ‘2335’ to build a medium size bank in Ghana by 2019
Our Core Values
We has 9 values, 1 vision in a “2335” initiative of;
- Building a Bank that will deliver acceptable Shareholder value.
- Ensuring Customer centered culture through the establishment of customer service standards.
- Establishing a selling culture that nurtures high performance sales team.
- Reinforcing a performance- based culture in our staff, underpinned by appropriate motivational packages & development programs, with clear links between actual performance and end- of- year compensation.
- Acting at all times with sense of competitive urgency.
- Upholding high integrity in all our dealings with stakeholders.
- Ensuring Team work.
- Improving on our Risk Management environment and capability to achieve operational excellence (reducing NPL and incidence of fraud & ensuring full compliance).
- Developing a Cost Conscious mindset throughout the Bank.
Financial Strength of BSIC Group
The BSIC Group has a stated capital of 500 Million Euro. As a bank, we aim to mobilize financial resources from all over the world and channel them to the productive sectors of the economies of member states.
Why you should bank with Sahel- Sahara Bank
- We have affiliates in 14 African countries, offering a platform to do business wherever you find yourself in any of these countries.
- We are a socially responsible bank, interested in giving back to the community what we have earned.
- We are partners in national development.
- We are people- centered.
- We offer our customers first class banking services.
- We do not charge Cost of Turnover (COT).
- We promote trade and investments in Africa.
- We are interested in developing the human resource capacity of our employees.
- We are an African Bank.